CoreLogic: Communications Specialist – Internal
This developmental role is a member of the Corporate Communications & Public Affairs team supporting internal/ external communications to include employee messaging, news media and other financial industry forums. The position is responsible to research, draft and/or edit enterprise communication content to suit a range of formats and media to include print, video and electronic, as well as, distribution channels involving the company’s intranet, email, social media outlets, print publications and public platforms such as PR Newswire.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for maintaining related policies and procedures, monitoring company media, and utilizing electronic publishing technology. Effective organization of job activities, a proactive nature, confidentiality and diplomacy are requirements for the role. The position supports the department by managing workflows, performing administrative assignments, program coordination and triaging department communication and inquiries. The role will be required to collaborate closely with various functional teams across the organization and participate on special projects as assigned.
- Draft and develop content for internal/external communications to support the broader business. Review and edit communications for quality, accuracy and tone to ensure alignment with organizational preferences and standards
- Assist with preparing and coordinating materials that support interactions with employees, news media, and other financial industry audiences such as associations.
- Research topics to ensure communication content is able to convey complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Suggest new and innovative means of communicating relevant messaging across the company; leverage background materials, audience research and data insights to develop and publish compelling communications.
- Support the communications team by anticipating communication requirements, understanding various audiences and constituencies, and responding to requests and inquiries for the department.
- Support deployment of communications content to web-based internal and external publishing systems.
- Manage and support events logistics, including annual events calendar, monthly team briefings, town halls, all-staff briefings, etc. Serve as a liaison for internal and external inquiries, communications, events, etc. including fulfilling requests for sponsorships, ads, pictures, bios, guest counts, etc.
- Support the execution of change and communications plans by business owners as assigned; coordinate communication related processes to ensure quality and timeliness of distribution.
- Measure communication effectiveness, gather feedback, report findings, develop and manage action plans. Identify opportunities for process improvement to ensure quality and timeliness of services provided. Provide recommendations to increase effectiveness and capacity of the team. Participate in the development and implementation of policies/ procedures as assigned.
- Develop and maintain key relationships; partner effectively functional teams to ensure business requirements are met.
- Ensure compliance with CoreLogic policies, processes and practices. Role model CoreLogic values, ethical standards, professionalism and code of conduct.
- Provide other ad hoc support and general duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business management or related field with a minimum of 2 years directly related work experience in communications. Experience supporting high volume, fast-paced, change-oriented environments.
- Strong technical aptitude. Advanced knowledge and experience with MS office to include: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of HTML and MS SharePoint preferred.
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills; strong composition skills demonstrated through practical experience. Strong command of grammar and proofreading ability.
- Solid interpersonal skills and presentation abilities with the ability to effectively and proactively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborative style; ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships both internal and external to the organization. Highly professional demeanor.
- Strong analytical skills; solid decision making capabilities coupled with the ability to analyze situations and provide recommendations for engagement. Sound judgment with the ability to learn, recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Must be accurate with attention to detail; high degree of quality orientation; maintains internal and external data integrity, security and confidentiality.
- Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, ability to deliver solid and consistent results and bring assignments to successful completion. Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- High learning agility; ability to learn quickly and digest information. High degree of business acumen; strong fiscal aptitude.
- Ability to take direction from multiple individuals; ability to flex to the work styles of others. Demonstrable intellectual curiosity, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed; estimate up to 10%.
If you feel your qualifications and education are a fit for this position, please email your resume to Cindy Navarrette at firstname.lastname@example.org.